Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Black or White, it doesn't matter

I live in a time and place where it is simple to be a Christian. It is not easy to live as one in our world where sin tempts us daily, but I can freely express my Christian views without fear for my life. It is easy to believe in God and His grace when I am so blessed. When I always have food on my table. When my family laughs daily. When we never have to worry about where we will sleep each night. I am a Christian, but it is very simple for me to be one.

It isn't so for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ around the world, or throughout time. There are people that will die today because they have heard the gospel and praise Christ as their salvation. There are people that have NOTHING and still have the faith to thank God for his mercies and blessings.

How can we have a world of people who doubt God when they have EVERYTHING while there are people who have nothing that are sure of Him? It is so hard for me to understand that.

This video is so poignant. To hear how we are all connected to each other, all tribes, tongues, and nations, through the grace of God. It truly is amazing. It just gives us a glimpse of the New Heaven and the New Earth, where there will be no skin color or race or sex, just God's people together worshiping him. Praise God! Come, Lord Jesus!


No comments: