Friday, September 14, 2007

Water,water, everywhere

I am always envious of the people that prefer water to drink. I have never liked to drink water. I would much rather have a Diet Caffeine Free Coke. In fact, I have noticed that there are days I will drink 4 cans of it while around the house. Sad.

So... I have made a COMPLETELY CRAZY pact with myself, and now, with all of you since I am admitting it in public.

Starting this past 9/11, I am ONLY DRINKING WATER for a full year. And not the carbonated and flavored water that I like from WalMart, plain water. This freaks me out but I can't imagine how much healthier I will be cutting out the soda and drinking that much water.

It is much cheaper (unless you buy bottled, which we don't usually) and is supposed to be the best thing to put into your body.

So... off we go. This is day 4 and so far so good! I have to admit, though, I do miss carbonation! And I am sure a glass of wine every now and then will be missed as well!

1 comment:

amylouwhosews said...

I know what you mean - I get really sick of drinking water sometimes too. But I'm so proud of you! I read and heard so many things about the diet being just as bad as the fully loaded stuff. I found having a good water bottle helps too - then you can fill it up and drink from it all day.