Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Get Moving!

I live about .75 miles from a Food Lion. When I need something from the store, I pile the kids in the car and drive there! It really is sad when I think about it. The suburban culture is so car-centered, that when discuss items that we "need" to survive, the car is at the top of the list below shelter, clothing, food, and water.

Well, I have decided to try and do something about my sedentary lifestyle. I ordered a folding shopping cart. It folds up to a purse size package which I can take with me when I walk to the store. Then, I can get the items I need for a couple of days, and then wheel the cart home.

I hope to walk to the store about 3-4 times a week to get moving more. I will keep you posted! I hope the kids are okay with this change! :)

No comments: