Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hodgepodge of Stuff!

I know, I know. I get it. It has been entirely too long since I posted. For some reason, I can't seem to get my head on straight lately, let alone organize my thoughts and digital photos to post to the blog... but here goes... a recap of the last few weeks... (so, you can stop emailing or telling me to post to my blog!) :)

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We went to Blacksburg to spend the holiday with Kurts family. All the cousins had a blast running in circles and driving the adults bonkers. :) We had a lot of fun at the Children's museum in Roanoke. It was nice to have an outing with Grammy.



Oh, big big news in our home, Poochie had surgery on his tail over Thanksgiving. I am posting some "before" photos here but will have to wait for the "after" photo, as Brody has Poochie in bed right now. He had worn poochies tail down all the way to tatters, so now he has a nice new tail. For a while, Poochie had the old tail and the new one together at the same time, but Brody came to me the other day and asked me to cut the old one off, that "Poochie didn't want it anymore." So, I started to tear up as I cut Poochie's tail off. Crazy. Brody was perfectly fine, but I had a hard time losing the most precious part of Poochie.



The day after we got home from Blacksburg, we went to see Playhouse Disney Live. It really was an awesome show. I tried to snap some good photos, but it was really hard, even though we were really close in the third row. We went with our best friends, Abby and Kim.





A few days later, we took the boys to Richmond to see Santa (the same one I went to see when I was little)and they loved it. Thank the Good Lord that Brody asked for what he did, because there could have been issues if he added one more thing to the list of stuff that has already been acquired, if you know what I mean.



We had a good time hanging out for a little while at the Children's museum... here is a pic of my silly kids.



It is our tradition to go pick out or Christmas tree on our anniversary, so this year, on our EIGHTH wedding anniversary, we went to get the tree. It was FREEZING so there wasn't much time spent outside choosing. We got a good one, though, as usual.
The kids favorite part was just running up and down the rows. I wish I preferred to run everywhere. I am sure I would be in much better shape!



So, now the outside and inside of the house is all decorated (I will take some photos later), the tree is up and decorated, we have watched the Polar Express about 365 times, the Christmas cards are all almost sent, and life is good. I only have 2 more presents that are still being shipped, and other than that, everything is wrapped and waiting for the big day!

We have a Christmas concert at church this Sunday and I am really excited about it. A Christian artist that I have listened to since I was in high school is coming to do a concert with our choir this Sunday. I can't wait to sing with Michael Card! Crazy. He is an amazing talent and I can't believe he will be performing with us at our church! The tickets are completely sold out, so sorry if anyone wanted to come! I will let you know how it went!

One last photo for the grandmoms... we made brownies tonight. Brody helped. :)



1 comment:

Charlotte Geary said...

That's so cool that you get to sing with someone you've always admired!

I love the pictures of the kids, as always!