Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh, Joy!

So, I love looking to see what Brody brings home from school. It always amazes me to see how clearly brilliant he is at coloring and counting. And don't even get me STARTED on how advanced he is at patterns and The Alphabet Song.

:)



Anywho... so he came home last week with a bag. A "Fall Nature Hunt" Bag. Cool! I love Fall. I love Nature. My child is just so brilliant.






So, I take things out of the bag. Bark. Yes. Bark is Naturey. It is a good sample of a tree, which would have been just too big for the bag. Good improvisation on his part. And leaves. Two, not one. What an overachiever I have reared.






Oh, look. And grass and a flower. To show his appreciate for the beauty of nature. And his appreciation for... um.... grass. I am sure he was going for more color variety.





Oh, and a nice spirally thing to round out his collection. A nice. spiral. Hey. wait. Yeah. That is what I think it is.





It's a worm. dead. baked. black.




Brody sees me opening up the bag and he is SO PROUD of his worm. He has already forgotten color variety and improvisation, and beauty. It is all about the dead creature. This is his *favorite* thing from school this WHOLE YEAR.

*sigh*

Oh well, I suppose boys will be boys, dead worms and all!

No comments: