Saturday, January 26, 2008

Street Light Magic

This story is so special to me. Let me give you the background.

When I was little, my dad (daddy) used to count at stop lights to make them turn green. I truly thought he was magic and could make them change. I don't know how old I was when I figured it out, but it took me a while.

Well, I do the same things to my kids. We count 1 - 2 - 3 Green! And incredibly, the light turns! Well, the kids have started doing it on their own. Thing is, they don't really know yet the logistics of street lights, so they end up counting about 20 times before the light turns. When it does turn, they get all excited because *they made the light turn green*.

The other day, we were sitting at a light and they didn't count. When the light turned green, Brody said, "Oh, good. Someone in the other cars must have counted because the light turned green."

:) Cute, huh? Oh, the burden of a 4 year old to make the light turn EVERY TIME.

No comments: