Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Little Bit Closer!

Okay... so, the kitchen saga continues... MAJOR forward motion this weekend!

The crown moulding (molding?) has been up for a little while, the kitchen has been repainted... and today

we put up the tile!!!! Kurt cut the pieces while I did the mortar and tile work. I LOVE it!

We still need to seal the tiles (they are slate, so they need to be sealed to prevent staining and water damage) and then grout. We should be done within a week, I hope.

I am in the process of painting some of our kitchen accessories, including the window treatment rods (I wanted wrought iron, but cant afford them, so we are painting them with "wrought iron paint")

I will keep posting as we go along!

Give me a Yipppeeee for the tilework!


2 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

Love the tile! Great Job! I'm totally impressed that you did this yourself!

Charlotte Geary said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so good! I can't believe you've done all that by yourselves!