Monday, August 21, 2006

4 Hour Glucose Test

I had one of the worst tests I have ever had done today. Now, with each pregnancy, I had to have the sugar test. You drink the yucky drink and wait a while, then drive to your doctors office and they take your blood. Done.

This test was SO NOT fun. I went to LabCorp early in the morning. I wasn't allowed to eat anything before I went (from midnight the night before). They took my blood. I drank the awful drink. They took my blood. Then waited. Then took more blood. Then waited. Then took more blood. Then waited. etc...

All in all, it was 1:00 when I was done and could eat something. They had drawn blood six times so I had six nice little bruises (I have terrible veins and bruise easily). Now, it hurts to bend my arms where they did all the work.

It was NOT FUN. Lets just hope I never have to do that again and that some kind of results come back from doing it.

My doctor still doesn't have my MRI results yet, so I am impatiently waiting for those.

Sorry to be so cranky. I am just "sick and tired of being sick and tired"! :o)

No comments: