Monday, August 28, 2006

Day Care Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day. It is a day that I have been dreading, but also a day that I am now looking forward to. Strange.

Brody and Seth start Home Day Care tomorrow for two days a week. It is a really nice woman with a wonderful home who will be watching them. She comes recommended by friends, so that puts me at ease. She runs a preschool program for them too, and from the sound of it, they will probably be fed a lot better there than they are here. ;o) Also, they will be around other kids on a regular basis. I wonder what habits they will be picking up!

So... it all changes tomorrow. In the afternoon, we have an open house at Brody's preschool to meet his teacher (who happens to be his babysitter) and to see the school, etc... Then, Wednesday is the "Teddy Bear Tea" where all the students will meet their teacher. We are calling it the "Poochie Tea" because they are supposed to bring their favorite stuffed animal to have tea with them and the teacher. :o) Then, next week, Brody will be in school Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-12. I am actually looking forward to having time alone with Seth. He hasn't had that yet with me.

I didn't think I would be one of those people that got weepy when their kids went off to school, especially preschool. But I find myself feeing that everything is moving too fast. Brody will be taught by someone else now. He will be learning things that I didn't teach him. I think it will be wonderful for him, but my place in his life as "sole teacher/mentor/instructor" has passed. *sigh* Who knows, I may cry yet!

Anyway... hope everyone else has a great week and I will let you know how the meeting the teacher goes. Then, next week, it is OFF TO SCHOOL!!!

No comments: