Saturday, August 19, 2006

On the Mend

Kurts surgery went really well. He had some awful sickness coming off the anesthesia, but he is now up and about with one crutch. All he has to wear are 2 band-aids on his knee. He has some fluid on his knee, but that is supposed to go away when he starts to move it around some more.

It has been nice having him home. We went out to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday and enjoyed thier soup/salad/breaksticks. Brody ate Chex Mix that Mimi made. It was a hit. Mimi-- feel free to make that anytime! He was quiet the WHOLE MEAL. Unreal.

Seth was standing up in his crib after his nap. :o) I came in and he was just standing there smiling and waiting for me.

Also, we tried some "puffs" last night. He had a hard time getting them into his mouth, but once he figured it out, he was REALLY into them!

Brody's favorite past time seems to be undoing the train track that Kurt and I spend hours putting together. We think we are gonna give up on that and make one big circle for him. He will probably enjoy it more, anyway.

We got Seth's 6 month professional pictures back. When I can get them scanned I will put them up on the website under the "Professionals Link" off the main page. Just in case, here is the link to the boy's website... http:/members.cox.net/theakersboys

That is about it for now. I haven't heard back from my MRI and my doctor gets back from her vacation on Monday, so I hope to hear something then. I will keep you all posted!

No comments: