Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy Busy Week

Other than all the Halloween Shananigans, we are going camping this weekend for the first time with the kids. Kurt and I used to camp often, even when I was pregnant with Brody, but after that, it just seemed like it would be such a hassle.

Well, we have decided to give it a shot, so here is my question...

anybody know any good recipes that you can cook over an open campfire? I would love to make something really surprising and something kid-friendly.

:)

1 comment:

Rachel Tramontana said...

Jen, check out this website: www.allrecipes.com. I'm sure they'll have a ton of "foil" recipes (put the stuff in the foil and on the fire.) I've done potatoes like that here on the grill (some olive oil, herbs, salt, etc.) and wrap it all in foil and put on the grill - yummy. Also can do smores this way - the chocolate and the marshmallow REALLY melt and it's so yummy! (YOU ARE A BRAVE WOMAN, I HAVE TO TELL YOU - camping with two toddlers. Oh Jen, I give you credit.)