Friday, October 12, 2007

Where has all the laughter gone?

So, as I am driving in my car yesterday, I had this very sad realization...

When I was younger, high-school/college, I remember being with my friends, doing really silly/crazy stuff, having lots of inside jokes, and laughing every time we were together. And, I don't mean just giggling, I remember laughing so hard you would cry and your stomach would hurt.

Then it hit me, I don't think I laugh everyday anymore. I smile, I am happy, I think things are funny and I laugh sometimes, but I RARELY laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.

Is this just a part of growing up? Is there just too much responsibility and too much on my ToDo list that I am not finding the great humor in things as I once did?

I am not sure if I am just in a funk, or if I have gotten too serious in this life, but I want to get back to having milk come out of my nose, getting the hiccups from giggling, and laughing with my friends and family EVERY DAY.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

I remember those days. Maybe we need to get together and relive it!

I watch Ellen most days. She makes me laugh.

I also decide too laugh at some of the crazy stuff Alison does - it's a lot better than getting upset all the time!

Charlotte Geary said...

Next weekend we're going to try for milk out of your nose!