Saturday, October 20, 2007

You all have been holding out on me!

Okay, so being a WAHM (work-at-home-mom) has, on occasion, made me feel completely disconnected from the world. Kurt will come home from work and ask me if I have heard about some big news story (and I mean BIG) and I will have no idea that anything had happened. On top of that, other than my really close friends and the occasional comment on this blog, I am sort of disconnected from my old friends.

Well...

Thank God for Tony, because he invited me into FaceBook tonight. I am sure this is something everyone has known about for ages, but in my world, if it doesn't have to do with Curious George, Blues Clues, or Hot Wheels, I don't know it exists. As I started searching around, I saw ALL THESE OLD AND DEAR FRIENDS... from high school, from college, drum corps, performing groups, and from EVERY job that I have had!

Then, because it has been so long since I had chatted with so many of those people, I felt silly sending them a friend request. So I didn't. Which leaves me with this question...

What is the protocol there? Are you supposed to write a message to go along with your request, or do you just hit the friend request and wait to hear back!

Well, thanks so much Tony for looking out for my well being! I am starting to feel like my old self again, a little at a time!

:)

And in case anyone is interested, this is my facebook profile (you may have to sign up, and you should. it is way cool):
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=655668710

1 comment:

amylouwhosews said...

I know what you mean. I just joined a couple of months ago and there were some people I didn't send stuff to just because I wasn't sure. But they don't have to add you if they don't want to so invite away! It's kind of a fun way to stay in touch! So are these blogs. :)