Monday, August 06, 2007

Profound reazlization

I was sitting here today and realized... if I had actually become what I wanted to be when I was younger, I wouldn't be at all who I want to be! CRAZY.

I have spent little bits of time here and there throughout my life wondering if I should have pursued a career in singing. I have had so many people tell me that I should be singing, not just in my church choir or for weddings, but really singing.

Well, I wonder how I would be. Would I be as God-centered? Would I have the family that I have now? Would I spend too much time focusing on me as an actress/singer, instead of on the people I love? Would Christ be the center? Would I have Kurt, or Brody, or Seth? Would I have this wonderful warm home to enjoy? I don't think so.

So, how refreshing is it to realize that God knew what I needed more than I did? I was intended to be an artist, but a graphic artist that could stay home and raise my kids, as well as still work. I was intended to glorify God with my singing, in a way that continually humbles me and makes me realize that any talent I have is because of Him, so it should be use to glorify him, and not myself.

Thank you, Lord, for keeping me centered and leading my life in the way that it was truly supposed to go, as only You can.

*what a GREAT day!*

No comments: