Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Glasses

I have let everyone down, but nobody more than myself.

*sigh* Please forgive me.

I thank all of you for voting on which glasses I should buy. I was SO EXCITED, as were many of you!

Well, on further inspection, I realized that my new prescription for glasses was nothing but new. It was for the exact same prescription. Nothing had changed in over 7 years.

Well, most of you who read my blog regularly know that we are trying to live as frugally as possible right now. So... as of right now... I am stuck with old, boring, lifeless, out of date, not so cute glasses.



Now, if any of you wanted to take up a collection for me to buy one of the pairs that you all voted on, feel free! :)

AND... I haven't given up! I am still trying to figure out a way to get those cutie patootie glasses. Anybody know a cheap way to get some cute frames? I thought of buying them online from a cheaper source, but I just can't get past the fact that you can't try them on and see them before hand!

Who knows, maybe my fantastic hubby and I can come to some sort of agreement and I can get new ones.

Stupid economy.

3 comments:

Rachel Tramontana said...

OK don't laugh. What about having your frames "refinished?" Maybe to like a chic black or something? I can't find any DIY sites, but check this out:


http://www.fixyourframes.com/metal_frames.htm

Looks like for maybe 40 bucks they could refinish it? Just a thought.....might just be enough to get you by until you get some new ones.

Or of course, you could always do what I do when I reallllllllly want something. Break them (accidentally of course - or even better blame it on the kids!!) Oooops, well, I'm just going to have to go out and get them. (I'M TEASING!!!!!!!!!!!) If you watched Desperate Housewives this weekend you know what I mean ... LOL

Charlotte Geary said...

Actually I like those frames! They have a little pizazz without overpowering your fair skin and blonde hair.

TheAkersFam said...

Awww. You are so kind. Thanks for the support! :)